Wood and I have cooked up yet another little project. Her daughter's birthday was coming up and she wrote me, asking for some help on how to modify this wonderful little tunic/dress by Tora Froseth (free pattern!) so that she could knit it up in worsted weight yarn. **Edited to add: the pattern is for the 24 month size, ONLY. Even I am not crazy enough to translate it in to 4 different sizes!**
I couldn't very well let her disappoint her daughter, could I? Plus, she was going to use the yarn I sent her during our yarn exchange. How could I say no, I ask you?
Now, it's not exactly like the original. It's definitely got a different shape in the shoulders, and the ribbing is smaller, but there's only so much I could do. I've never done this sort of thing before and until I had it figured out (and had myself a major EUREKA! moment), I didn't actually know that I could do it. And don't ask me to explain how I did it, because: a) I can't really remember and b) there was algebra involved.
Oh yes, I did just write "algebra" in my blog. My brain can not get over this fact.
So, you've probably found yourself on this page because she has linked to it (I hope I have managed to put this up before her). If that's the case, WELCOME! If you were already visiting, well....all I can say is that I'm sorry for this poor excuse of a post and you'll just have to wait until Wood posts the photos of her finished project, because I can't show you yet. Sorry! Suckstobeyou!
I'm cooking up a couple more projects, so I'll be back soon with them. I just have to get through the next two hellish weeks, first.