Monday, November 7, 2011

I forgot to talk about the magic loop, didn't I?

...Oh bother.

So much for being organized and all that.

Anyway, what I WAS GOING to say is that magic loop has changed everything for me.  No really, it has.  I went from ABHORRING knitting-in-the-round on circulars to trying to figure out a way to do EVERYTHING like that.

So how does it work, you ask?  Well, I could sit here and a) try to explain it verbally (which would lead to me going cross-eyed) or b) I could just embed some professionally-produced videos for your reference.  How 'bout we stick with option b, eh?



I think it's pretty clear from the video that you can use the magic loop to knit all sorts of objects with a small circumference.  You can even knit two things at once (like socks or sleeves):



You can see how this would become addictive, right?  Second Sock Syndrome: cured.  Forgetting to take notes on modifications for the first mitten when it comes time to knitting the second: not a problem.  Wanting to make sure that the sleeves are EXACTLY the same length: done.

Whoever invented this deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, am I right?

And there's a bunch of peeps on Ravelry are participating in a KAL on a cabled hat, so I thought I'd add this one (though it has nothing to do with magic loop):

No comments:

Post a Comment