Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Musique

Ok, so you know how I mentioned that it was my birthday a few weeks ago?  Well, my sister got me an iTunes gift certificate and I had all these great ideas of what to purchase with it and now... I am having some serious issues deciding what to purchase.

I don't know why.  I could get some Swell Season or some Avett Brothers.  I was thinking of some Ray Lamontagne, too (his new album is out and it's pretty safe to assume that I will love it as much as the last one).

Then, I was fartin' around on YouTube last week and found something that blew my mind.  You've seen the French film "Amélie" (a.k.a. Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain), right?

(If you just answered "no" to that question, I don't know what to tell you.  You really owe it to yourself to run down to the nearest movie store - or jet over to iTunes right now - and rent it.  Hell, buy it.  You won't regret it.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that "Amélie" changed my life - it is truly a piece of art.  There's really not any more I can say than that.)

So, this is what I found:



(If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least go to 7:58 and check out the last little bit of the clip.  Unbelievable.)

And then, there is this one.  This guy is trying to kill me.



Here's the catch: Yann's live CD is priced fairly high on iTunes.  I want it ALL, people.  I want this and I want Ray and I want the Avetts and I want Swell Season and I want everything.  Oy.

Feel free to drop me a line and send more suggestions my way.  I kvetch, but this is really the best kind of torture.

Oh, and in case you really like this type of piano music, do stop by Pia's houseboat and have a listen to what she can do.  You won't regret that, either.

1 comment:

  1. I have the soundtrack to 'Amélie' - it's one of my favourite films. :)

    Also, if you like that, you might like the Gotan Project - have you come across them? And Sebastien Téllier, for that matter.

    ReplyDelete