Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This past weekend marked the opening of the local farmers market season in our village, so we got up bright and early and took a nice leisurely walk into town to take it in.  I took some photos along the way (though, oddly, none of the market itself... don't ask me why):



Look familiar?







That afternoon, we took a ride out to one of my favourite places (a full blog post on that, coming soon..):


And then, we went sightseeing:


Just a little photographic proof that Canada isn't all frozen arctic tundra - see Canada Day post comments for back story.  (M, if you need more evidence in your discussions with your husband, please let me know.  I'd be happy to oblige.)


And then, we went out for lunch (mmmm, cheeseburger and fresh fries...) at one of my favourite restaurants, Brehaut's:


Sorry for the belly exposure, ladies.  I didn't catch that when I was setting up the shot.  And the other photo I took just didn't work, so this is what you're getting.


It was HOT that day and it looks like we're in for a few more scorchers in the next week, so I look forward to some more outdoor days like this one!

Also, aren't feet funny?

3 comments:

  1. looks like just about a perfect day. belfast??? tell me all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photographs ... and the belly shot wasn't all that bad!! One of my goals/dreams is to visit Canada some day. Which part were these photographs taken in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori! Yes, I will tell you all about it - with pictures! I'm putting together a post on it right now.

    Hi Bethan! I'll tell my husband that the belly shot was not immediately repulsive (he'll be happy). Thanks for the compliment and while I am somewhat hesitant to tell you exactly where I live (a small place, where everyone knows everyone else and as a professional who deals with a lot of people, I am concerned about my anonymity), but I will say that I live one of the Maritime provinces (northeast of Maine).

    My Canada Day post actually made me think about raiding my photo stash and doing a little "learn all about Canada" session. I've travelled to just about every corner of this country and I have some pretty funny experiences to share. I'll let you know if that post ever pans out (I'm too busy these days to make any "cross-my-heart" promises, so we'll have to wait and see).

    ReplyDelete