- I hate hockey. I know, you didn't think there was such a thing as a hockey-hating Canadian, did you? Well, I do hate it. With a passion, the likes of which you have never seen before.
- I also hate coffee. I have never had an entire cup, because the first sip always makes me gag. Therefore, I don't care for Tim Horton's. (That won't mean anything to anyone who isn't Canadian. And to the Canadians, it will make me seem *almost* as un-patriotic as my aversion to hockey.)
- I don't like to do bad things - the thought makes me queasy. I have never stolen a thing in my life. Never. Not even a candy bar.
- I can sit down and eat an entire bag (I'm talking economy-sized) of potato chips without help. The whole bag, guilt-free. Not that I'm proud of it...it's more of a morbid fascination with my blatant gluttony.
- If I could change one thing about myself (physically), it would be to grow taller. I am short and I hate it. Everything else, I can live with. Even my big feet.
- I'm not very good with money.
- I can speed read and I am incapable of putting a book down, once I've started. That means I can't start a book mid-week, or else I won't go to sleep until it's done.
- I struggle with insomnia. As a result, I sleep alone, in my own bed. This arrangement has saved my flailing-and-snoring husband's life, many times over. Not to mention our marriage.
- I don't wear a wedding band. Or any rings, for that matter. I used to retain a LOT of water at night, and when I wore rings, they would cut off the circulation to my fingers (purple fingers are scary, in the morning). Instead of messing about with putting on/removing of them, I just forgo the whole thing. (Incidentally, my feel also swell so much overnight that my shoes are *much* tighter in the morning than at the end of the day.)
- As a result of #8, I sometimes get questions along the lines of "why isn't a lovely thing like you married?", but always from geriatric men. In fact, I have never been flirted with by men my own age - always men old enough to be my father (or thereabouts). I've never understood it and as a teenager, it really creeped me out.
- I'm a prude, body-wise. I can't imagine a more uncomfortable place to be than the locker room (ladies' or men's) of a gym. I have two step-sisters my age and I've never seen either one naked. Or even topless. They've never seen me, either. It would be a seriously traumatizing experience for all parties involved. Trish, I'm sure you can back me up on that one.
- I hate makeup. When I wear a tuque, I look like a boy.
- If you dropped me off in the middle of Winnipeg (where I spent most of my childhood), I would probably not be able to find my way out. I learned to drive there, but I have completely forgotten how to navigate the city.
- I am French Canadian, but I haven't read a French book in at least 10 years (OH FOR SHAME!!!).
- I have never personally owned a TV.
- I didn't think "Gangs of New York" was all that violent. And I didn't really like it, though I would trade my left arm for a chance to meet Daniel Day-Lewis (he's dreamy)(and old enough to be my father...).
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Posted by dw at 3:43 PM