"Winter!" cried the Wind.
"Spring," whispered the Sun.
And I have the coolest wellies, ever. See?
They're neoprene and rubber, all cozy and seamless, so my feet stay warm and dry. Perfect for the Maritimes in the spring. (psst: Canucks - I got 'em at Canadian Tire and they were $40+tax....not a lot to pay for your own little piece of magic!)
Also, some randomness:
- I started a tray of seeds this weekend, to see if I can grow some greens indoors. I also bought some alfalfa seeds to try out a sprouting method my health food store owners told me about. I will keep you posted.
- As I predicted, I have to re-hem by new brown pinstriped wool pants. When will I learn to pre-wash my fabrics?
- My husband is clearing out some of the woods behind our house, to let in a bit more sunshine and help dry things out in the summer. I can hear the chainsaw starting and stopping, starting and stopping. It makes me a *little* bit nervous, given his past history of clumsiness.
- I made some awesome progress on my sweater, this weekend:
- I went back and dropped every third sleeve stitch (one at a time) and re-knit them with a crochet hook, to create 2x1 ribbing. It snugged up the sleeves quite nicely and added a bit of zazz to them.
- I'm now 3/4 done one sleeve and still have to pick up and knit the second.
- I can see the end of the tunnel.
- The best part is that I will have no seaming, when I'm done that sleeve. Just blocking and drying. Yippeeee!
- I am making lasagna for supper tonight (with brown rice noodles). It is going to rock.
- I rented "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I really liked it. Eric Bana sounds a little stilted, sometimes (I think it's because of his accent), but I really loved the sets and the cinematography. You know that red blanket she uses for her little picnic, when they first meet? I have that blanket! It's a Hudson's Bay blanket and it is wool. I found it abandoned in the laundry room of my last apartment. No-one in the building wanted it, so we kept it. My hubbie and I fight over who gets to use it.
- Daylight Savings kicks my arse every time it comes around (see mention of insomnia in previous post), so I'm not looking forward to waking up this week. It's a good thing I know where to get some caffeine.