Monday, March 15, 2010

Gun-shy, little guy?

I was driving home today and I was totally blown away by all the wildlife I saw (Holy crap, Daylight Savings and some nice weather and blamo!  Turns out I'm living in an episode of "The Nature of Things"!).  After seeing 4 bald eagles (one of them was a teenager carrying off what looked like a still-wriggling squirrel), I wasn't expecting to have a fox cross the road right in front of the car.

I stopped and rolled down the window, whipped out the camera and just started shooting.  Of course, I didn't check my shutter speed, first.  And when he saw the camera (and maybe heard my radio), he bolted.  Up until that point, he sat there looking at me, just like I was looking at him. 

This is the only Photoshopped-all-to-hell, way overexposed shot I got of him, as he was making his getaway:

That settles it: I'm not going anywhere without my camera, from now on.  And I'm going to leave it in Auto Mode, when I'm not using it.  Bollocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment